The Symetra Tour – The Road to the LPGA
In 2015, tour graduate Mo Martin, who played on the Symetra Tour from 2006-2011, won the RICOH Women’s British Open, the 45th major won by a Symetra Tour graduate.
South Dakota native Kim Kaufman, who was a four-time All State selection at Clark High School, is a two-time winner on the Symetra Tour including the 2014 Volvik Championship. Kaufman graduated from the Symetra Tour to the LPGA Tour in the middle of 2014 after a tie for fourth finish at the North Texas LPGA Shootout.
The LPGA acquired the Symetra Tour in July 2007. LPGA player achievements include:
- More than 500 Symetra Tour alumnae have earned LPGA membership.
- Through 2012, Symetra Tour alums own a total of 365 LPGA victories and 39 major championships.
- Tour alums won 10 LPGA tournaments in 2012, including one major.
- Tour alum Karrie Webb is a member of the LPGA and World Golf Halls of Fame and was a two-time LPGA Tour winner in 2011, at the HSBC Women’s Champions and the inaugural RR Donnelly LPGA Founders Cup.
- Stacy Lewis, a Symetra Tour alum, followed up her first career major win at the 2011 Kraft Nabisco Championship and U.S. Solheim Cup Team selection with 4 wins and 16 top-10 finishes in 2012 en route to earning Player of the Year.
- Six of the 12 members of the 2011 U.S. Solheim Cup Team were alumnae of the Symetra Tour (Ryann O’Toole, Vicky Hurst, Christie Kerr, Stacy Lewis, Angela Stanford, Christina Kim) as well as team captain, Rosie Jones. Former Symetra Tour member Laura Davies was selected to Europe’s squad which was captained by fellow alum Alison Nichols.
- A total of 19 Symetra Tour players from the 2012 season earned LPGA Tour membership for the first time in their professional careers.